Sunday, October 29, 2017

Finishing a wedding quilt & starting American Jane medallion quilt


The quilt for my nephew and niece in law (?) is quilted and bound...just a bit more hand stitching of the binding and we can call it done!


That makes TWO finishes for October! Yay!



And since I have finishes, I don't feel a bit guilty starting something new. ...not a bit...well, maybe a teeny tiny bit but I'll get over it.


I participated in INSTAGRAMs #getyourquiltywishesgranted. I granted 21 wishes and received 6 WONDERFUL envelopes of American Jane fabrics. I've been wanting to make an American Jane quilt for years. 


So here's my center. I found the pattern for this block in my Quiltmania magazine. Now I'll add border after border until my medallion quilt is large enough to suit me. 


My next border will be either flying geese, half square triangles or some type of arrow. I love medallion quilts...I never know what it's going to look like till it's done.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...