Friday, September 1, 2017

September UFO & color of the month

Can you believe it's September already?! Where did the summer go? Well, with a new month we have  a new UFO to work on... this month it's #4 according to Patchwork Times. My hubby is excited because this is HIS quilt. He's hoping to see it finished up.

And the color for September is ORANGE 🍊... perfect! This will be a nice bright change from beige. Time to dig out my scraps of orange and make some blocks.
Summer is almost gone so we are enjoying these last warm days. We spent some time walking around the Common (the old insane asylum) here in Traverse City. There's some wonderful old architecture here.

I love this old metal arch over this doorway.

And of course, we've taken Henry downtown, to the beach and on some hikes.

I'm making progress on Double Nine Patch quilt... 20 of the 32 nine patches are done so more than halfway.

Today Al and I are road tripping to the U.P. to visit my brother Karl's house. He's up for the holiday weekend along with my sister. I'm finished with my EPP stars and needed another hand project so I'm making hexie flowers that will border a 30's style medallion quilt.. I'll appliqué these onto a white (?) square to create a border....probably need about 25-30 of these.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...