Sunday, September 17, 2017

Finishing up a quilt & decorating for fall


This spools and bobbin quilt is about done...quilting is done and now I'm stitching down the binding.This is my FIRST Rainbow Scrap Quilt finish! I have a few other orange blocks to make for two more rainbow quilts. Linking to Angela at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2017/09/scraphappy-saturday-orange-you-glad.html?m=1


The fall decorating is also finished up....all except a table runner. I have an old one but would like a new one.


This we put up just for Henry...it has spooky ghost noises, lights that flicker, chains that rattle and every so often a scary scream. He loves it of course!


So this is the start of the table runner. I designed a new pattern and will be giving it a try. All cut out, now off to sew.....

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love those bobbins around the edge of the spools. Too perfect. Congratulations on your finish!

Northern Deb said...

Thank you for running this fun challenge... it's just the kind of inspiration I needed to get these scraps organized and used!

Sheila said...

I Love your Spool and Bobbin Quilt!!!! I want to make one during next year's RSC.

Northern Deb said...

Thank you Sheila.

Karen said...

I like that haunted house. I would like a whole village of haunted buildings but would have no where to display or store it.

Northern Deb said...

Its a Dept 56 haunted house that I bought YEARS ago. I have a Christmas set also. They do take up quite a bit of room in storage.

Jennifer said...

Fantastic spool quilt! That's definitely on my list of "somday"

Northern Deb said...

Thanks, Jennifer. This quilt is perfect for my sewing/tv room. Kind of ironic that i joined a scrap challenge to get these scraps out of my sewing room, only to end up making a scrap quilt FOR my sewing room.😳

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...