Sunday, September 24, 2017

Blogger Quilt Festival QUILT

This is my entry into the Amy's Creative Side BLOGGER QUILT FESTIVAL. This was a quilt made using up colorful scraps through Angela's RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE. Link to ANGELAS BLOG
Each month she chooses a color for us to make blocks of our choice out of. I skipped ahead and made the orange and pink blocks so that I could get this finished up. It'll be a sewing room quilt for...ME :)




I had one leftover bobbin block that I made by altering a Cotton Way pattern. The leftover made a great quilt label.




This Spools and Bobbins quilt was a fun quilt to make and a great way to use up some scraps...although nowhere NEAR making a dent in my huge pile. 



I took a final picture of it downtown as Al and I went out to breakfast. The weather has been amazing for September.


I am also linking to OH SCRAP ... button on the left side of my blog.

13 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Neat pattern! What a great way to use up strings. I love it with the black background. Awesome!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. LOVE that bobbin border!! Funny, though, I don't recall see this on Angela's LINK PARTY. Thanks for sharing it with the Blogger's Quilt Festival (as I wouldn't have wanted to miss this AWESOME scrap quilt!)

Tu-Na Quilts said...

This is a fun quilt. Took me a bit to see the bobbins as I was so busy looking at the spools.

PaulaB quilts said...

A colorful spool quilt with the rainbow hues. The fun idea was your choice of bobbins as a border. Congratulations!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I adore that bobbin border! It is brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Northern Deb said...

Thank you Cynthia... Im still trying to figure out all this link stuff. 🤔

Northern Deb said...

Thank you, Sally

Northern Deb said...

Thanks for reminding me about the link up... it's there now.

Northern Deb said...

It just seemed to need those...Thank you!

Northern Deb said...

Colorful like my drawer of threads... but quite a bit neater!

Linda said...

A lovely quilt! Your little bobbin border finishes it beautifully.

Northern Deb said...

Thank you Linda

KaHolly said...

How delightful! Good luck!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...