Monday, August 14, 2017

Bobbin border

I'm posting from my IG account...only picture I have of this quilt top. I'm NorthernDebQuilts and private but you can request to follow. The bobbin blocks are from a Cotton Way pattern, altered to suit my quilt. 


So I'm done with the bobbin border and am happy with the results. It adds just a little interest to it and what good are spools of thread without bobbins?
So now it's time to find a backing and get it basted. Since I have no idea what I want for a back, this could end up in the UFO closet for a bit. 
This is my first completed top done from following along the Rainbow Scrap Challenge of 2017 with Angela at www.soscrappy.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Karen said...

I haven't seen a spool quilt with a bobbin border. Creative idea.

a good yarn said...

The bobbin border is a clever addition. A terrific quilt!

Northern Deb said...

@agoodyarn and @Karen Thank you both!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...