Monday, March 27, 2017

Architectual quilting

If any of you are on Instagram, check out robertkaufman today. They are featuring my daughter Lisa's quilt blocks. She finds pictures of buildings that she likes and turns them into quilt blocks.
 
You can also she all her quilting on her instagram, @lizafranfran on Instagram.






Since Al and I returned from vacation in Florida I've been catching up on projects started before our trip. I finished all my scrappy blocks and finished quilting my Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt.
Now I have to decide on a binding....

I might do something very dark or very red...so that it stands out.

Now this quilt top below is the UFO of the month that has to be finished. I am pushing myself to have it done by the end of the month. That leaves me what?...3 or 4 days? Sounds reasonable..

And this is the paper pieced stars that I took to Florida and worked on. I was able to add on about 2 rows. It needs a couple more stars in the row on the left and then one row on the bottom. After that I have to figure out how I'm finishing it and IF I'm hand quilting. That's the way I'm leaning.


3 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Deb,
Lisa's blocks and the quilt are stunning! What a talented daughter.
Sally

Northern Deb said...

Thank you Sally...I agree...she learned from me then passed me right up. So proud of her.

Laura said...

Boy Deb, you Franzonis are one gifted bunch! Love all the quilts and Jenn's painting is beautiful. And then there's all your houses...

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...