Wednesday, February 1, 2017

And here comes February

January seems like it FLEW out of here doesn't it? It was a good month for cleaning up scraps, getting some UFOs off the list and adding one or two on. Two UFOs were finished...That feels good....but adding on more?...well I shouldn't have but I'm a quilter so that goes with the territory!

This colorful scrappy Trip Around The World above is going to be completely made with scraps that are cut into 2-1/2" strips and saved in a strip box. Problem was I couldn't close the lid so I needed to start these blocks to get some room in there. It'll be a fun bright beach/picnic quilt some day.

So last night I was determined to finish up with January's scrap color (purple) quilt. It has it's borders...pointing out seemed to be the vote...and now it's ready for finishing. I'm going to put it in the closet while I finish up other things. 




So at www.patchworktimes UFO #9 was chosen for us to work on in February. On my list that is a black and white and aqua quilt I'm making for my brother. WELL his birthday is February 13th! Seems like a double challenge. Can I finish it up in time? No idea but it's on! Challenge accepted:)


Then our new scrappy color was chosen ...this month will be sea green....or aqua....love this color! Time to dig through all those scraps and strips. I'll be adding blocks of this color to all my rainbow challenge blocks.



4 comments:

scraphappy said...

The border triangles are perfect. Congratulations on getting it all to come together.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice start on your Scrappy Trips quilt and your SJS top turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Barb H said...

Beautiful purple quilt, Deb. you are a whirlwind of sewing energy these days! I'm sure you'll get your next quilt finished by the 13th.

Northern Deb said...

Thank you all! So far the new year is progressing well. Seems I might just get some UFOs done and scraps stitched into quilts😀

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...