Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall is civil war fabric time

This is my current project ...I'm slowly finishing up WIP. This one took 3 hours just to FIND! As I unpack fabric and project boxes I sew a little...organize a little...and donate a lot. It's amazing how much one person can collect!

This is a little mug rug I made with one leftover block.

Digging through my civil war reproduction fabrics, I found a few "tester" blocks.... These are blocks I try out to see how much I like making them before committing to a whole quilt. I like the looks of this block but there's just too many HSTs to do a whole quilt so I decided it would make a cute mug rug.
That's 1/4" binding around it....single fold. 


1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the progress on the CW quilt - I have been using orphan blocks in bags, pillows, and runners - clears them out and now something more useful to gift on.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...