Friday, June 8, 2012

A quilt for Charlie

Charles Eames Cat is my furry grandcat, owned by daughter Lisa. This will be Charlies first quilt.

You might remember my Orange Slices quilt.. a braid quilt done with Moda's Central Park. When I cut the braids to square off for the strips, I had lots of leftover pieces. Those became the squares that are sitting on the yellow floating "shelves" of this quilt. This is my go at MODERN quilting. It was also a way to use up a little from the scrap box.
Lisa was up north here for a couple of days and we spent quite a bit of time quilting. She finished up a picnic quilt and I finished up quilting this. Check off another UFO from the list :)

1 comment:

Di said...

What a lucky pussy cat Charlie is! I hope he appreciates such a beautiful quilt to snuggle into - and cats do know how to snuggle, don't they, Deb!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...