Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday chores

 Al and I both have chores that need to be tackled today, his is a LARGE project, mine is just catch up work. This star sampler quilt has been my "finish up" project of the week and is almost done. I'm quilting the border of sampler stars and then will start on the outside white border. Hope to be binding this tonight as I watch tv. 
I'm in the kitchen quilting this instead of my sewing room because Al has a project in the den that requires me to come running every so often. He's putting up trim around the room so that he can paint the ceiling a nice white and the walls a dark beige.
 And the reason for his enthusiasm? Well, he had a local artist do this watercolor for him. We are both just NUTS about it. He just got it back from the framing shop.
This is going on one side of the windows with a bookcase below and a painting that daughter Jenn did, is going on the other side of the window. He has a collection of Beatles stuff... some from trips, some were presents. He's going to hang daughter Lisa's guitar up (as long as we're storing it for her, might as well decorate with it also.
 So as I wait to be called to "lend a hand", I'm stitching and eating my Peeps... love those things!
 Update: FINISHED with the quilting! Yes! Now to start making the binding. Al finished putting up the trim in the den and even got it all primed. We're going to take a short break and get a walk in... the weather is BEAUTIFUL today.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Lots of fun stuff going on at your house today! Enjoy your Peeps!

scraphappy said...

Lovely quilting. Finishing a quilt is such a satisfying feeling. Enjoy your newly decorated room. Looks like a real makeover.

Sue said...

Beautiful quilt , love the quilting !

Barb H said...

Another beautiful quilt, not just the colors and pattern, but the machine quilting looks great! Hope you enjoy stitching the binding--my favorite part of quilting. :)

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...