Friday, January 6, 2012

Ahhh... the holidays are over!













Don't you just January?! The winter holidays, ALTHOUGH FUN, are over... no more major shopping to worry about... no more cookie baking marathons... the decorations are down and put away... the house is clean and clutter free... well almost all of the house.. NOW I can spend lots of time back in my sewing room and that's a whole new mess... but a good one :) I love Christmas time and I love all the decorations and the parties and the eating but it feels so good now that it's done for another year.




















Lisa and Jenn were home for a bit along with Jenn's HUBBY-to-be, Jon. We had a couple of sewing hours tucked into our regularly scheduled holiday doings. Jenn made a cute set of chair cushions for her Grandma-in-law-to-be (boy, that's a mouthful) and a couple of other goodies for friends and family. Lisa worked on some BEAUTIFUL window hangings (Lisa, do those things have a name?). They're kind of like stained glass in fabric. She used some really pretty shot cottons (Kaffe) that she bought downstate. I wish I had gotten a picture of the finished product...darn... but I DO plan to make my own so I'll post a pic when I do. I did get a few pictures of us hanging out in my sewing room just before Xmas and on Xmas eve.







No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...