Thursday, April 14, 2011

Making Fans and Plates

We had our monthly guild meeting last night and Hearts To Holly Quilt Shop did demos of popular templates and tools. Since I was doing one of the demos, Sue let me choose what tool or template I would like to show. My favorite (right now) is the Fantastic Fan. It comes in 3 sizes and I've tried them all. This is a quilt center I made using the 12" size (makes a 24" plate): And this is the smallest size that I had... 3" fan (6-1/2" plate):I'm really hooked on making these. The one above will probably be turned into a summer mug rug since it's so colorful.

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the new look of you blog - lightened up is so much prettier. Seems the 'fan' is becoming rather popular again. An old heritage block revisited. I think it is great!

Michele said...

That is cute! Is that the same as a Dresden plate? I'm not sure. I'd like to try one of these. They are so cute.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...