Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shopping for 30's fabrics...

Just got done shopping at a new quilt shop (well, new for me :) and here's some of the goodies I found. I'll share some with dd2 who is doing a yoyo quilt using 30's. The rest will go into my seven sisters quilt... YES, I'm still working on that. I haven't done too much lately but at least I can collect more fabrics for it. The shop I found was in Chandler AZ called Zoe's Trunk. She carries lots of Free Spirit, Amy Butler and other more modern prints. A very "young" feeling quilt shop. I know my daughters would love it.
And yesterday I went to this shop below. I found some cute batiks to add to my collection and a few pretty homespuns. I also bought some thin batting for the mug rugs I'm making. It was a poly batting but I'm not sure I like it. It seems to really shrink up if you press the final project. Before I put my binding on I gave it a little press (on pretty hot I have to admit) and it scrunched up, A LOT. I don't think I'll be buying this one again. I never thought poly would shrink... anyone else ever have that problem? Maybe it was just this particular one?......

2 comments:

Tamera said...

I think pretty much any polyester bat would shrink with a hot iron. I don't think you have to worry so much with a cotton/poly, though.

Impera Magna said...

Oh how I envy your quilt shop/fabric shopping... I'm planning on doing some fabric therapy tomorrow!

I've only used poly batting for baby quilts, which I didn't press much. I use scraps of Warm and Natural for the mug rugs I've been making recently.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...