Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Quilt Show in Tucson, Arizona

The show was wonderful... Lots of quilt and lots of vendors. I bought a few pieces of batik to add to my collection. I found one wonderful batik quilt that I loved but the picture came out kind of fuzzy so Im not posting it.
I just loved this quilt... so striking and wouldn't it be perfect for Christmas? I may have to start setting aside dark green and dark reds.


I love applique! Beautiful work!


Chocolate bunnies!! How cute!


Wouldn't this be a perfect pattern to use our 30's strips? I have a pineapple ruler at home. I'd like to give this one a try... maybe make a summery table runner? hmmmm....

5 comments:

Quilting Comfort said...

Beautiful quilts Deb. Glad you had a good time. Thank you for sharing.

Candy

Rebecca P said...

Wow, looks like a wonderful quilt show! I love the last quilt & agree it would be wonderful in the 30's fabrics.
Hey, guess what, I found some yummy Knoa white fabric the other day when I went shopping. They were also have an wonderful sale. some fabrics were a $1.00 a yard & some were $2.00 a yard. You know I stocked up on lots.

Scrapatches said...

Deb ... looks like a wonderful quilt show! Wish I could have shared it with you. ;-)
I really like the dark green/dark red quilt ... the squares look like a continuous background and make the rest of the pattern really "pop" ... beautiful work.
The bright pineapple quilt with the flower applique border would look fabulous in the 30's prints!
I went quilt shop hopping yesterday and bought a bunch of pretty 30s prints and an a lovely white TOT. I am loving those cheery repros this winter. :-) Pat

Quiltluver said...

Awesome pictures. I love to look a quilt show pics. Thanks Karen

Kitty Pearl said...

Thanks for the awesome pictures, Deb. I wasn't able to visit Tucson this year. This helps --KP
PS: I see you are an AZ visitor. I hope you don't mind if I mention try http://bit.ly/4q4PC1 for local quilting news.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...